Tuesday, January 30, 2007

CURRENT SONG:
"Every Breath You Take" by The Police from meh head!
CURRENT OUTFIT:
Mickey Mouse housecoat, David Bowie socks, PJs
CURRENT MOOD:
A little bit tired.


Ohayo goziamasu, minnasan! I hope everyone out there in Cyberland is doing well! I also hope that everyone has welcomed in the New Year in a great way! I can say my "welcome in" was definately not as I hoped. I ended up in the ER on the 30th of December and thus didn't do anything for the next three days. But, my friends from Rapid all came to see me on the 1st of January, so that was a lot of fun!

I no longer work at Wal-Mart, but that's due to medical situations. I can't lift anything over 20 pounds due to my surgery in 2005. Because of that, I just couldn't handle the required lifting at the store. However, I did win the Cashier of the Month for December of '06, so that was a great honor! I'm now employed at the Lynn's Dakotamart here in Belle. It's not very many hours, and the pay isn't that great, but in least it's a job, ne? The bonus is it's only about a mile and a half from my house, so even in bad weather I can still get to work! Right now I'm just cashiering, but I'm the back up to the price coordinator when she gets sick or goes on vacation. It runs almost exactly the same as the Spearfish store, so in least I haven't had to learn too much! ::chuckles::

The weather here has just started to get really cold. I guess we've been pretty spoiled having such a beautiful Christmas month! February is our notorious cold month here in South Dakota so we'll see how chilled we all get in a couple days, ne?

Oh, for those of you who happen to read this Blog and live in the Black Hills region, Shareecechan will now be holding a Manga Discussion panel once a month at Waldenbooks. This however is NOT a cosplay or art competition. It's just where everyone can get together and talk about new manga, favorites artists and recommendations. Currently it's set for February 18th. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Waldenbooks in the Rushmore Mall!

Cosplay news, I'm pleased to say that one of my outfits for NDK is almost already done in completion. I made a Cyber Geisha Lolita out of some beautiful purple and black snakeskin print vinyl material my dear LNchan sent me! It's lined in black with a really nice black obi. I want to add some detailing to obi, but I haven't decided what yet. I'm thinking a silver chain would be nice, ne? It's a very short kimono top with large billowing sleeves. I'm wearing some nice black leggings underneath and my really cool Lulu boots! Ooh, and I already cut out my new Sweet Lolita dress for NDK too! I found the most beautiful delicate print butterfly and floral on dusty rose material! I couldn't resist and decided to go with the super frilly Sweet Lolita look. I based the style more off something you'd see by "Innocent World" than my usual "Baby, the Stars Shine Bright" look. ::laughs:: Yah, I'm a Sweet Lolita geek, I admit. My competition cosplay is still a surprise. I wasn't planning to compete, but I found the cosplay I've been wanting to do for a couple years now and I think I'm finally good enough to pull it off. There may be one more cosplay if in fact NDK does a Black Tie Cosplay Ball. They haven't decided yet, so I'm holding off on that one!

I haven't done this for a spell, so here I'm going to make some manga/manwah recommendations! Feel free to check out these titles if they interest you! Some are translated in English and some are only in Japanese. It's notated which are available in what.

"Vassalord" by Nanae Chrono: (Japanese Only)~ Nanae Chrono once again proves that her wicked wit, her sharp art style and the "so close to yaoi you can almost taste it" style is better than ever. Our long suffering vampire cybernetic priest Charley and his ancient bisexual pure bred vampire companion Johnny are both funny, angsty and an all around good time together. The storyline is violent, funny and very homoerotic. The artstyle is of course fantastic, and it's a really fun read all together! I know there are scanlations available for the first chapter on-line.

D.Gray-Man" by Katsura Hoshino: (English and Japanese)~ I can not begin to say how much I love this series. The storyline is funny, harsh, sharp witted, violent and often very melancholy. Allen is a wonderful main character with a somewhat "real" feel to him and it was very easy for me to relate to him. However, I must admit that I have quite a taste for the villians in this series, especially Lord Tyki. He's so amusing and clumsy when he's White Tyki, and so terrifying and cruel when he's Black Tyki. I recommend this not only to shonen fans, but also to fans of gothic styled manga.

"White Guardian" by DUO Brand: (English and Japanese)~ This is the first actual manga by the famous doujinka twosome, DUO Brand, and the first to be translated into English. Sei and Linth are a wonderful yaoi duo, and Lord Tousi provides an interesting take on villiany. I love DUO Brand's work, I own all their original mangas in Japanese along with much of their doujinshi stuff. "White Guardian" is a wonderful fantasy piece as well as a very sexy yaoi. Sei is my favorite character, mostly because even though he's gruff and rough, he's also a bonafied reversal, which is rare to find. Linth is also very sweet, and if you get a chance to check out the Japanese mangas, there's the sequel for Linth's story in "Crimson Wind" and the prequel to Sei and Tousi's story in the same manga.

"Drama Con" by Svetlana Chmakova: (English Only)~ I never get tired of this series! With the second one just recently come out, we follow Chriss's continuing con adventures along with her friend Bethany this time around. Don't worry, Matt appears, right along with Sandra and Greta and Matt's new girlfriend, Emily! It's a fun read and most of us can relate even in #2 to the con situations, stories and happenings that really only happen among anime people!

Few, that was a few more recommendations than I was originally planning to make! ::laughs:: I hope you all get a chance to check out one of them!

Quizzy time for today comes compliments of Quizilla.com and features one of my current obsessions.

What Death Note Sexual Archetype Am I?







Which Death Note character is your sexual archetype?




2. You are Luscious L. Your eccentricity is what draws people to you and when you act all cutie-sweetie you can get away with anything. In the bedroom you may act passive at first but youre actually dead kinky and thats what makes your partner cant get enough of you. Sometimes though, you can be a bit thick that before you know it, someone is sticking a gun to your face and pulling the trigger right through your twisted brain.
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code



::laughs:: I wish I could say I was surprised, but since I indentify so well with "L" and even cosplay faithfully as him, I just can't. Plus, this result just makes too much sense to me! XD

Well, that's all for today, minnasan! Domo arigato for all the hits! Remember, there's a Kiriban still for whomever hits 25K on this Blog! Until then, ja ne! =~.^=V (Proud Supporter of the 58 Pairing and Ginji Lover!)

No comments: