Sunday, March 16, 2003

CURRENT SONG:
"I Remember You" by Skid Row from a small tune I was just humming...

Well, minnasan, life has a funny way of throwing curve balls. K, Ker and I went out for Ker's birthday this evening and we enjoyed a nice dinner. We then went to do a bit of light shopping and when I came out of the store, one of my old college mates stopped me on the road to tell me that my theatre director/mentor had just suffered a heart attack earlier that day. To say the least, I was very stunned being that my director has steel in his veins. Before I went into direct shock, she told me that everything was okay, and that the emergency angioplast the ER docs had done was a success! ::gives a huge relieved smile:: I was also sent an e-mail by another friend letting me know that my director would be returning home on Tuesday. I'd like to say now minnasan that I am grateful for every blessing I have every day. But today was a particular reminder of how fragile life is, and how much we need to treasure it. I am so blessed and I hope that you will all take a moment today, tomorrow or some time this week and truly count your blessings!...

With that relieving news out of the way, I do have a small cosplay update. I am pleased to say that the scarlet stripes on my HP tie are drying nicely. I'll just have to put the red and yellow stripes on my V-neck sweater and add the two Gryffindorf patches and the whole costume will be completed! ::smiles:: Hai, I know the robe isn't exactly the Hogwart's kind, but I was never intending to actually make an HP costume, it just sorta happened! But it'll be nice to have one for the Spring photoshoot, ne? My Rikku costume is coming along slowly, I just haven't had the real enthusiasm I had for making it when I started! I'm sure that when I get back to making it, I'll be much more enthused again. I'm looking forward to making Sissy's jacket though, the pattern is simple and I get to use patches on the outfit, which is always a plus!

Quiz time for today comes compliments of Quizilla.com as usual. I was actually first introduced to Naruto by Karniz Archada's fan art. I thought the characters looked pretty cool, so I started visiting some Japanese sites and recently saw that the English translation of "Shonen Jump" is actually featuring Naruto. Mind you, I'm not a huge fan, but I thought I'd take a quiz just to see who I would be...

Which Naruto Character Am I?


Gaara.... Love Death.. *shivers*


Naruto Quiz
brought to you by Quizilla


::chuckles:: Great, I'm the nutcase to boot! I actually thing Gaara has one of the most interesting designs and of course, his weapon is by far one of the most unusual yet!...

LotR news for today, the Oscars are sneaking upon us, and we all know that TTT is going to get screwed out of everything. ::sighs:: But in least we'll have the information on what will be the on the new DVD coming up! Plus, with the summer movie months moving on in, the RotK snippets will be starting to appear! I confess, I think the only reason that I go to summer movies is just to see the LotR previews. I don't know what I'm going to do when RotK is done! Guess my LotR news for the day will be going to be a monthly thing, ne? ::quirky smile:: Either that, or I'll convert to book chatting!...

Well, that's all for today, minnasan. Like I said, I am VERY, VERY grateful that my director is doing all right and that everything will be okay. Domo arigato for all the hits, all your support, sign my Guestbook onegai and ja ne for now! =~.^=V (Proud Supporter of the 58 Pairing!)

RANDOM LOTR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Eowyn's Theme Song: "These Boots Are Made for Walking..."

No comments: