Sunday, December 26, 2004

CURRENT SONG:
"Slave to Love" by Bryan Ferry from meh head!
CURRENT OUTFIT:
Still wearing my brand new Penguin and Moose PJs!
CURRENT MOOD:
Nostalgic!


Ohayo, minnasan! I hope that everyone out there in Cyberland had a wonderful Christmas! I'm not going to post my prezzies I received quite yet because I have to make a list of thank yous so I make sure I thank everyone properly! But just for now, I'd like to thank my 'rents, my grand'rents, Oniisan and Sissy, Moon-chan, Starchan, K, Kerr, and LNchan for the lovely gifts! You guyz are the best! Now it's on to New Years and hopefully a great 2005, hai?! ::smiles::

Now for the real post! LNchan and I have been rolling this idea around for a while, and figured after the holidays, it would be a great time to try this!

ANIME/MANGA/VIDEO GAME NOSTALGIA WEEK-January 15th to the 22nd

Remember when you first got into anime/manga/video games? Remember when you went out and bought everything in reference to the series, including collectibles, manuals and translation guides? Then your tastes started changing and that favorite series was still loved by you, but then slowly it shifted to the back of your shelves, got hidden in your computer files and put at the bottom of your video game collection. So, why not check it out again?

For the 15th-22nd of January, LNchan and I are going Nostalgic! Which means that we're pulling out the old stuff we once loved and giving it a look over once again! We would love you to join us in doing so, and on the 22nd, if you have a Journal/Blog/Blournal, you can report how the experience went! This is NOT a competition of any sorts, it's just a fun revisiting of old times, and we'd like to just hear how it went! Send us a link to your journal if you have one, we'd love to read your review!

The only rule to this week is that what you pull out has to be a year or more since you've viewed/read/played it. So NO current obsessions! This is about remembering why you loved a series in the first place!

For me, I'm going to play a lot of Bust a Groove 1 and 2, see if I can beat my high score with Shorty and dig out my first real cosplay costume, my 2nd player Shorty from BAM 2 and see if I can repair it for wearing again! I know LNchan is going to pull out her Slayers NEXT series on VHS and watch it all over again. If you'd like, draw a little fan art or write a piece of fan fiction of an old series. Even if that's new, it's still an old favorite you're basing it after!

Most of all, just have fun with it! Take down the new for one week of the new year and put up the old. You may be suprised why you stopped enjoying the series in the first place! That's all for today, minnasan! Kiriban at 20K and ja ne for now! =~.^=V (Proud Supporter of the 58 Pairing and Ginji Lover!)

No comments: