Thursday, June 02, 2005

CURRENT SONG:
"Africa" by ToTo from "Best of ToTo" CD
CURRENT OUTFIT:
Work uniform
CURRENT MOOD:
Sore...


Ohayo goziamasu, minnasan, long time, no update again, ne? Gomen nasai, but some major health things happened again in my family. I'm starting to think we're cursed! My grams is now a proud owner of her own pacemaker a month after my grandfather got his! Oi, to prove just what kind of pain tolerance my grandmother has, the doctors couldn't get her under 'cuz for some reason the anesthetic wouldn't take, right? So what do they do? They put the damn pacemaker in when she's still concious! FREAKIN' BAKA SARUS!! So my grams feels them cutting through her skin, putting in the device and stapling her back up! I swear, my grandmother is amazing!! ::hugs for Grams:: But everything is much better now and things are running much more smoothly! Chu!

My birthday is this Saturday on June 4th! Yay, I'll be the big 27! ::chuckles:: I'm throwing a Hello Kitty themed party with decorations and it's just going to be silly! There's going to be a cosplay contest and a funny shirt contest. (I know K is entering the funny shirt part with her hilarious Yoda shirt she owns!), yummy treats and fun music! I'm looking really forward to it, even if it's just a couple of my friends and my family!

Traditionally every year I list my birthday "Wish List" here on my Blog. I seperate them by things I can have, things I might have, and things I'll never have! But it never hurts to wish, ne? ::laughs::

MIRACLE'S BIRTHDAY WISH LIST:

Wishes:
Best of Enya CD
Sailormercury, Pyoko, or Puchiko UFO plushie
Penguins!!! (All kinds, I'm not bias! XD)
Father Christmas ornaments for my collection
Bath Beads (Lavender or Citrus)
New Running Shoes (Oi, I need these bad!)
Haircut and Blonde job (I think Mum and Pop are giving me this as a gift)
Anime pins (Currently looking for Sailormercury, Ban Mido, Akabane and FFX LuLu)
Disney Cloissone pins (Currently looking for Daisy Duck and Belle ones)
Drawing pencils

Big Wishes:
Trip to Disneyland (We're actually doing this I think in 2006)
New Radial lined white wash style tires for my Metro
Fully loaded CD system with killer subwoofers and full amp
All the Collectible Saiyuki box sets
Arwen's LotR collectible sword from the Danbury Mint

The "Not Gonna' Happen" Wishes: XD
Licking Vin Diesel's head (This is at the top of my wish list every year!)
Month trip to Tokyo
Meeting Johnny Depp dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow
Egyptian treasure hunt
Playsation 3 before it ever hits the shelf!

::chuckles:: I always get a kick out of these lists, some times I don't even know where I think of these things from!

I added some new adoptables to my "Adoptions" side section of my Blog! Please check out of my Chibi Rikku and animated Chibi Sora I adopted and click the link to visit the site! You can find virtually any anime based graphic you need and it's a wonderful site to visit! Clean and easy to navigate!

Now for my random recommendations of websites to visit! Hope everyone has fun checking these sites out! ::smiles::

ANIME WEBSITES:

Fable: A Unico Shrine: Does anyone remember Unico? This was my fave anime when I was 6 years old! ::chuckles:: This is a great comprehensive website of Unico with tons of awesome images, including work from the original classic manga! Check it out and feel free to adopt a Unico character while you're there!

The Sea Prince and the Fire Child Scans Archive: This was my all-time favorite anime when I was a little girl, even before I knew what anime was really! This film had a beautiful "Disney" like feel and the characters were absolutely endearing. The website not only features the anime shots and book designs, but also features the gorgeous fantasy art the characters were based after! If you're a fan of anime, fantasy or both, this website is a must see!

MANGA WEBSITES:

Fairy Park: Janelle's Clover Website: Though I'm not a CLAMP fan, I do really love the manga "Clover" by them, I think it's one of their most underrated stories they've ever put out! This website provides basic information, beautiful scanned images and character profiles! Beautiful and well thought out!

Yaoi Manga.com: I think the title is self explanatory! ::laughs:: An awesome website for your yaoi needs, with upcoming English translated titles, purchasing information, and the only website to grab a Yaoi Paddle and BL Bodywash!

Picture Perfect hasn't been updated yet, but I would like to remind everyone of the upcoming Cosplay Picnic being put on by the Rapid City Cosplay Society!

The Rapid City Cosplay Society cordially invites everyone to come and attend our first ever Cosplay Picnic being held on June 11th from 9 a.m. to noon-ish at Canyon Lake Park in Rapid City. Everyone will meet at the bridge that leads to the gazebo. There will be a Meet and Greet, Games, Photo Ops and Lunch. Cosplays are greatly encouraged, but not necessary to attend. Please remember to BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH and WEAR COMFY COSPLAYS AND SHOES! We look forward to seeing everyone there and we hope this will be a great success!

Speaking of cosplay, I just have to get my SeeD uniform pants and I'm done with the cosplay! Once I get my hair cut and blonded, I can do the Zell Dincht "spike" bangs and then trace the tattoo on my face! Also, since I'm going to NDK now this year, I thought about entering the cosplay competition again. I found this super kawaii Hello Kitty material in pink, and I want to make a Hello Kitty print kimono to enter into the "Traditional Japanese Clothing" category of the cosplay competition! It might not be traditional in the color scheme of kimonos, but I like to shake things up!

Quizzy time for today comes compliments of a rather cool website I stumbled upon. Actually, the first one isn't a quiz, it's one of those where you put your name in and find out what your name would be in a different language!

What Would My Japanese Name Be?








Nahoko Kawashi





I used my actual real name instead of my pen name for this, and I really like how it sounds! Plus, I like Kawashi! XD

What Flavor Pocky Would I Be?





You Are Strawberry Pocky





Your attitude: fresh and sweet
Comforting, yet quirky ... quietly hyper
You always see both sides to everything




Actually, Banana Pocky is my favorite flavor, but I'm not that subtle, so I guess I would be strawberry!

Well, that's all for today minnasan! I'll probably pop back here in on my birthday to update what suprises I got! ::chuckles:: Until then, remember the Kiriban at 20K, sign my Guestbook onegai, and ja ne for now! =~.^=V (Proud Supporter of the 58 Pairing and Ginji Lover!)

1 comment:

Micharl Purphy said...

My Japanese name is Mai-ku (dancing forever ???) I guess my Pocky flavor would be strawberry or raspberry. My favorite manga is sazae-san and my favorite place is okinoshima in shimane or tottori prefecture. Good luck.