Thursday, March 22, 2007

CURRENT SONG:
"I'm No Good" by Amy Winehouse from a tune in meh head!
CURRENT OUTFIT:
Brains and Beauty P.J.'s, David Bowie Socks
CURRENT MOOD:
Very, very sore...

Konbanwa, minnasan! I hope everyone out there in Cyberland is doing well! I apologize for not updating at all during the month of February. An old injury to my back reared it's ugly head during the middle of the month and things haven't been the same since. Needless to say, I've been on a very strict pain pill regime, a number of stretches and menthol patches. Unfortunately, they're not touching the pain very much any more. The upside though is I'm finally getting to see my chiropractor on the 30th of this month. Hopefully the initial treatment will take care of much of my current situation and I can go back to being able to sit for more than 25 minutes at a pop! ::chuckles ruefully::

Not being able to sit has also resulted in why I haven't been on-line for nearly two months! So those of you who have met me via my Blog than IM, that's why I've been missing in action! It's been really, really boring during those times, but in least I'm able to update a bit now since I haven't been sitting really any today!

Cosplay news, I'm happy to say I did manage to cut out the second part of my suprise cosplay! The black material pulls much better than my peach material did, and it looks like it will paint very easily. The down side is, it frays HORRIDLY! The upside to this is though, I get to use bias seam tape to cover the edges! YAAAAYYYYYY!!! The reason being is that almost the whole outer part of the cosplay is covered in painted designs, so the bias seam tape will go virtually unseen. The sewing of the costume has been very easy, it's nothing more than a long sleeved V-neck shirt I redesigned into a dress, so that makes up for the amount of detail work that has to be done!

Oh, and my Cosplay 101 panel has been approved by the NDK staff! WOOT! Currently it's been set for Saturday at 11 a.m.! I hope that I can see everyone there! I really enjoy teaching panels, so it will be a lot of fun. I also finally settled on my last cosplay. It was a bit of a random pick, mostly because I wanted something my Cosplay 101 panel attendees would recognize, but also something that would go with the "ninja" theme that Genki no Cosplay came up with randomly! So, the tentative costume schedule is as follows!

NDK TENTATIVE COSPLAY SCHEDULE: (Providing all get finished in time!)
Friday Night: Purple and Black Snakeskin Cyber Geisha (Currently 100%Completed)
Saturday a.m.: Young Iruka Umino from "Naruto" (Currently 15% Completed)
Saturday p.m.: Suprise Cosplay for Cosplay Competition (Currently 30% Completed)
Sunday: Pink Butterfly Sweet Lolita (Currently 100% Completed)

The list looks good since two cosplays are completely done and the other two are well on their way! I'm currently looking at wigs on Ebay for my Saturday cosplays, so that should be a good search! =^^=V

I also have recently resurrected my old college project, a fanzine called "Aoi no Hoshi" for the local manga and anime fans. Shareecechan has been really sweet and let me hand them out at the manga club meetings once a month at Waldenbooks. The fanzine has been really well received and I'm looking forward to continuing work on it! It's being released bi-monthly, the next issue is due out the middle of April. I'm very excited to see something that I've always thought was good doing so well!

The Manga Club Meetings Shareecechan has been holding have been going very well too! The next one is being set for April 15th at 3 p.m. I hope if you're in Rapid City that day, you'll stop by Waldenbooks and come in! The meetings are really free form and a lot of fun!

QUIZZY TIME! Comes compliments off an IMVU site I visited actually, but since it was Lolita related, I of course had to take it!
What Kind of Lolita Am I?






What kind of loli are you?



you are Sweet Lolita! ^.^ My fav!
Take this quiz!





Quizilla
Join
Make A Quiz More Quizzes Grab Code



WEE! I LOVE AMALOLIS!! I almost always dress in the Sweet Lolita style, so I was happy to get this result! (Plus, "Baby, the Stars Shine Bright" and "Angelic Pretty" are my two fave designers!)
Well, that's all for tonight minnasan! Domo arigato for all the hits, remember the Kiriban at 25K and I will talk to everyone again soon! Ja ne for now! =~.^=V (Proud Supporter of the 58 Pairing and Ginji Lover!)

No comments: