Sunday, November 17, 2002

CURRENT SONG:
"Crush (1980 Me) by Darren Hayes

Well, minnasan, I just got back from a very nice visit with my 'rents. I love seeing my parents, I honestly can say they're the best set a kid could have asked for. All my otakuchan used to tell me they wished my parents were their parents! ::laughs:: The bad thing though is I came back to my apartment with a terrible chest cold and I have a feeling it's just going to get worse. =T.T= Oh joy for my ever so great health, ne? I hope that I'll be well enough to stay at work tomorrow. If my boss gets even a sniff that you might be sick, he's got you packing out the door, and that's the absolute last thing I need to be doing! I seriously need the money!

I see "Harry Potter" had the third highest debut ever in movies on Yahoo. ::sniffles:: I talked to one of the guys at church today and he told me not only was it as good as the first one, but it has the most killer Quidditch match in it! Now I have to see it! My big addiction to Harry Potter is Quidditch. I always wanted to be a Beater, but I think being a Seeker would have been a blast too! But, I'm a touch too aggressive, so I would have to be a Beater, methinks!

Of course, you all know what time it is now. I've got my quiz time ready to go. I hope LNchan decides to take this one, and Moon-chan and Kichan too, 'cuz this is a really interesting quiz. You don't realize how many unknown Japanese manga artists are out there, ne?

What Japanese Manga Artist Am I?

You%20are%20Sho_U%20Tajima
What manga artist are you?

brought to you by Quizilla
You are Sho U Tajima

I have NO idea who Sho U Tajimasama is, but seeing the work, I think I want too now! My favorite Manga artists go as follows:

1. Kazuya Minekura
2. Kaoru Yuki
3. Yoshitaka Amano


I'm actually really picky when it comes to manga artists of any kind. I don't really like CLAMP at all, they scare me with all their overly huge eyes, but I'm getting a really big taste for Yuuki Fujiyama. She does shoujo (heaven forbid!) manga that I actually like without it all being flowerly and over flowing hair, etc.

LotR news for today, today is the one month (!) marker before the next LotR movie hits I believe. I was very pleased when I visited Baranduin's journal that she had some links to some gorgeous Faramir pictures. Oh Elbereth, I'd love to see even more of him! It's nice to see that he's going to be even more of a player in the movie TTT than he is in the TTT book. Of course, there will be lots of Eomer, which will be kewl. Oh the up and up, I can't wait to see Eowyn in battle. It's not often I really like a female character, but Eowyn is so tough, and I guess in a lot of ways I'm like her. I've always been a tom boy, I was lousy at acting like a girl and when it comes down to it, I'll fight like there's no tomorrow! Plus, she gets to marry Faramir at the end, so that's just beyond great, ne?

Well, that's all for now, minnasan. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this cold will hurry up and leave my system. Domo arigato for the 1500+ hits, sign my guestbook, onegai, and ja ne for now, minnasan! =~.^=V

RANDOM LOTR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: If Elves sing out of key, do they sound like Orcs?

No comments: