Monday, February 17, 2003

CURRENT SONG:
"Civil War" by Guns N Roses from the radio in the next office...

Well minnasan, I've been left in a very difficult position today. I came to work and my boss called me into his office. He told me that he had fired my coworker Jason and asked if I could take over his position. Needless to say, I was quite speechless as I think that Jason's removal was uncalled for. But, I told him honestly that I wasn't sure if I could handle it, I wasn't trained in a lot of things that Jason was. Well, he told me that if I agreed to be trained, he'd raise my wages to $10.00 an hour for 40 hours a week guaranteed. So, now I am a lurch. Do I stay at a job that I can hardly stand but will finally be making enough money to pay off my massive medical bills, or do I go and leave this job in favor of about a $7 to $8 an hour job, where I'll be behind in a lot of my bills, but most likely be happier? It's really a hard decision and something I've been mulling over all day. I know I agreed today because he put me on the spot, but I'm not so sure that I'm qualified to move on to such an advanced level in the newspaper business. It's not what I graduated as. So, I guess for now I have to get the advice of my family and work through it the best I can. Hopefully I'll know by the end of the week exactly what direction I need to let my life go...

Well, with that heaviness out of the way, I'm pleased to say that I'm over half done with my Gryffindorf scarf and I hope to have it finished by this evening once I buy another thing of gold yarn. ::smiles:: It looks very kewt and is quite warm to boot! I'm also going to try and pick up about a yard of gold material and some orange piping so that I can work on making part of Rikku's bikini top during the week. I'm a little short on cash to buy the vinyl I need for the straps of the bikini, so that will have to wait until next week depending on where my job goes. So much rides on this choice, it's really scary...

Quizzy Time for today comes as always from Quizilla.com. I was in a Final Fantasy mood obviously and decided I'd take a slightly different FF quiz...

Which Final Fantasy Villian Am I?

kuja
You are Kuja!
Self reliant. Secretive. You lure your enemies
with
your sophisticated shyness. They trust
you.
With that smile you get them every time.



Which Final Fantasy Villian are
you?

brought to you by
Quizilla


You know, I tend to end up as either Kujasama or Edeasama... ::chuckles a bit:: But usually I'm Kujasama. I guess I should give the thumbs up to any man who can run around in his outfit and be okay with it... ::smiles::

LotR news for today, I want to thank Tessasan for e-mailing me last week and filling me in on what Academy Award TTT was nominated for. Both she and I agreed that Aragorn definately has to get "kingly" on the Oscar peep's butts since TTT REALLY got screwed out of a lot of awards nominations! I can only imagine what will happen next year with RotK since that's much more "acting" based than it is action based. Maybe that will finally get Peter Jackson the recognition he rightfully deserves, ne? Oh, and maybe some of the actors will actually get a nomination the next time around. I swear, the Oscars are SO biased...

Well, that's all for today, minnasan. I'm still feeling slightly troubled over everything and to top it off, I think that my chest has pneumonia, which is why I haven't been on-line the past few days. I can hardly stay sitting up and breathing without being in pain. Anyhoo, domo arigato for 4090+ hits, sign my guestbook onegai, and ja ne for now! =~.^=V

RANDOM LOTR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Sauron's Theme Song: "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen..."

No comments: