Monday, February 10, 2003

CURRENT SONG:
"Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side" by Magnetic Fields from a Mixed CD given to me by Yukichan!

It has been a most interesting day. ::chuckles:: I arrived at work to find out that our secretary/typesetter had quit on the spot and was not coming back. I used to be a secretary at the Chamber of Commerce in Belle Fourche when I was a teenager, so naturally my coworker Jason put me at the desk and let me go to it! It was a tiring thing trying to figure out the mess that the other secretary left behind, but I currently have all the stories with the exception of two placed in the Finished folders and ready to go for newspaper placement. I love doing secretarial work, but I must admit I hope I don't have to do the typeset part of it any more. ::laughs:: My back was killing me from having to crouch over all the paperwork! I'm just hoping that they find a new secretary/typesetter by next week, I don't think my lower back could take it!

Dave, I hope your back is better. Really concerned me, I hope that you had another look over after the accident. If not, in least take it easy for me, hai?

Cosplay musings, I've decided to actually go ahead and crochet Rikku's scarf for my costume. I sorta' decided it a couple nights ago when my mum and I were chatting and I was pointing out I had nothing to do. She wondered if I was working on any of my costumes, but my budget right now is so tight, I can't afford any good material, so I jokingly told her maybe I oughta' just crochet Rikku's scarf then to kill time. She then said "Why not?" and I realized that was a very good point! I don't have anything to do when I'm home and I llove to crochet, so that will be my next big project will I'm gathering funds and trying to find red PVC vinyl for Sissy's "Misato" costume!

Quiz time for today comes compliments once again of Quizilla.com. I've been on a "Hellsing" kick for the past few days and figured I'd take a Hellsing quiz to go along with it!

What Hellsing Character Am I?

alucard
You're Alucard. You're undeniably badass and
nothing can stand before your immense power.


Which Hellsing character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

::laughs:: Damn, I wanted to be Walter!! Him or Anderson. Not that I mind Alucard, I think he's a doll, a blood thirsty doll, but a doll. But Walter is so kewl! A 69 year old butler who is as fast as Victoria AND uses metal wires to kill with and has the rep as the god of death is just too spiff!

LotR news for today, I visited the wonderful Japanese website "Immortal" the other day and found some of the most beautiful BoromirXAragorn light slash fan art. I do mean light, everything was tastefully done, and the artist has an amazing way of making the characters actually look like people! I was so impressed I was going to e-mail her, but I'm not sure if she does read in English. On a side note, she also does fan art for Metal Gear Solid and Solid 2, Devil May Cry and Cry 2, Final Fantasy X, LotR, The Watcher and some miscellaneous films. Very good!

That's all for today minnasan. I'm about exhausted, I just went on lunch about 15 minutes ago and when I get back, I'll only have two and half hours of work left... ::chuckles ruefully:: Oi, my back. Domo arigato for 3920 + (!) hits, sign my Guestbook onegai, and ja ne for now! =~.^=V

RANDOM LOTR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Eomer's New Motto: Walk Softly and Use Your Sister as a Distraction...

No comments: