Saturday, March 01, 2003

CURRENT SONG:
"Crazy For You" by Madonna from "The Immaculate Collection"

Minnasan, I do believe the cosplay deities are against me today. I went to start sewing the elastic into my Rikku arm bands and the thread broke. That usually indicates that my sewing machine is slightly jammed. Mind you, I've only sewn with my new machine ONCE before, so this greatly concerned me. I went and pulled out the thread and it got caught. So, upon untwining it, the whole bobbin holder popped paritally out, the plate fell off and the foot of the sewing machine fell off!!! I CRIED!! I couldn't think of anything else to do but that! So I called up my Grams and she let me finish the arm bands at her house. Unfortunately, my sewing machine is currently DOA, but Grams says she might be able to correct it because she thinks she knows what popped out of place. Otherwise, I'll have to wait to have my BRAND NEW sewing machine fixed before I can even use it again. Thankfully Grams said I could use her sewing machine to finish the costumes. Oi, I think I've had better cosplay days.

Speaking of cosplay, my Rikku costume is now about 60% done, despite the rather unpleasant set back today. I bought the material for her bikini top, including vinyl and silver slides for the shoulder straps. After the top is done, I just have to make the headband, the belt with the two bags and then find the appropriate white boots to alter and buy another blonde wig. I was hoping I could have salvaged last year's Rikku wig, but I definately cut too much of it. Dang it!

Manga musings, did you know that Kazuya Minekura makes her own doujinshis of her own characters? ::grinz:: I stumbled across a site that had one short scan of her doujinshi work, which was from her Wild Adapter series. It was the front featuring Tokito. Also, she draws completely differently when she's doing her yaoi doujinshis than when she's just doing her regular shonen ai or general shonen comics. This brought me to wonder whether or not Minekurasama has ever made a 58 doujinshi. Woo, we can only hope, ne?

Quizzy Time for today comes from a random Harry Potter site I stumbled across. Hai, minnasan, I'm still as nuts about the Potter series as ever. It's getting as bad as my LotR and Saiyuki obsessions I think...

What Harry Potter Slash-ship Am I?

[harry + lupin]



I seem to have a slight obsession with having Remus Lupin and/or Harry Potter in my pairings don't I? ::laughs:: It must be that whole age difference, older teacher/male and young student/boy obsession of mine coming out again, ne?

LotR news for today, I finished reading a fabulous new BoromirXFaramir fic at Sweet Sorcery! Man, I wish I could capture the attitude these two have about each other in the slash sense as well as the gal who writes the stories does! She's really awesome with it! Makes their relationship seem even more real, if not even more torturous! I also went to Pamida to try and get some more TTT trading cards, seeing if I could now get a "Wounded Aragorn" after he fell off the cliff, but they're all out! ::whimpers:: I certainly don't feel like wandering all the way over to Rapid to get a set either. So, maybe I'll just keep stopping in, since it's only a couple blocks from me.

Well, that's all for today, minnasan! I'm hoping that I'll be able to update my blog more often now that I'm sorta settled again. Mid month will be my one year (!) anniversary of this blog! Can't believe I've been musing that long! Domo arigato for the 4300+ hits, sign my Guestbook onegai, and ja ne for now! =~.^=V Proud Supporter of the 58 Pairing!

RANDOM LOTR THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Legolas's Theme Song: Leggs...

No comments: