Sunday, June 15, 2003

CURRENT SONG:
"Alive" by P.O.D. from a tune in my head...

Well, minnasan, it's the All Car Rally here in my home town this weekend once again. This is a traditional thing where people from all over the nation come to my little itty bitty town and show off their classic cars, as well as display some of the hottest new vehicles around. For anyone who knows me, I am an absolute sucker for fast cars, both classic and new, so I love when this time of year comes around!... I never do get to go to the races, which sucks, 'cuz I love watching them drag. Also since the release of "The Fast and the Furious" and now "2 Fast 2 Furious," our attendance rate for the Rally has went over the top!

Oddly enough though, seeing all those cars triggered an old memory in me this morning... I was looking at all of them driving by, shining in the light, and I thought about 3 years ago. I can still even now here the sound of the tires... Metal tearing up from underneath my hood and by my door, sounding like a banshee in my head... That brief moment waiting for the glass in the windshield and my door to come bursting in on me... Knowing that somehow my tire didn't exsist any more... And for that sheer "stopped" moment, seeing that woman's face before she ran clear into me at 65 miles an hour... And waking up alive... I was told later by the ER people as well as the police that the way the woman collided with me and at the speed she was clocking in at, it should have been much worse. The ER people told me my whole left side of my body SHOULD have been shattered, BUT IT WASN'T... The cops told me that my windshield should have burst, and I should have been cut severely, but IT DIDN'T... They both told me that despite my seat belt, it was still an utter miracle I was alive after that kind of accident...

So why do I bring this up now? Well, I look at those beautiful cars and at my cute little Bleu and I think about that accident alot... And I know that I'm not afraid... I'm not afraid of anything, 'cuz I know I can take it.

I still drive with my windows down, going 75 to 80 miles an hour on the Interstate, wind flying through my short hair, watching the world zip by without a care in the world. You know why? 'Cuz I know that terrible circumstances, awful accidents, bad things happen to good people...

But I'm Alive... And I'll always be that way...

No comments: