Tuesday, February 03, 2004

CURRENT SONG:
"I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness from The Darkness
NEW ADDITIONS TO "ILLUSTRIO"
1 PotC fan art, 2 pages of original fan comic (Round Robin)
CURRENT OUTFIT:
White long sleeve shirt, low slung jeans, white socks
CURRENT MOOD:
Sore... Oi...

Ohayo, minnasan! I hope that everyone out there in Cyberland is doing well. I just got back from my yearly physical and it was as much a nuisance, and this time more pain then I remember it! It turned out to be a relatively "healthy" review, but I told the doc I had another cyst on my ovary burst a couple days back... Mind you, these things hurt so bad when it happens that I actually fall over... ::frowns:: Anyhoo, the doc told me they could put me on the pill for medical reasons then, since they pill apparently helps destroy cysts and keeps any new ones from forming... So, yay for me, I'm now going to be on birth control... ::amused:: Ah well, guess it's better than folding over in half every time one of these things decides to drop, ne?...

Cosplay news has been udpated again at Picture Perfect, with the current new material I've just gotten for my Rikku outfit. Oniisan still hasn't decided what he's going to do, but if he hasn't picked by the time I've finished making Sissy and my's staff, I'm going to bop him with them!... ::chuckles::

Okay, I'm going to do something a little different here now... From time to time I do a series of very short movie reviews with a rating scale that my dear friend Nick, (aka Mr. Evil Dead), and I rate things by... To give you an idea, here is the scale...

RATING SYSTEM:
"American Beauty" Bad
Really Bad
Bad
Sorta Bad
Average
Sorta Good
Good
Really Good
Sam Raimi's "Army of Darkness" Good


Okies, so here are my movie reviews for this time around... These are MY opinions, so if you don't agree, hey that's your opinion! Some of these may be older films, etc., so I'm not holding any real format.

The Forsaken: Rating: Good
I have to say that this film was quite good and well acted that's for sure... But I guess I was expecting something way more, and the lead vampire was more of a pervert than I would have liked... (Imagine ME saying that! XD) The two lead characters, Sean and Nick were convincing, and there was enough UST (Unresolved Sexual Tension) between the both of them, you could get into a hot sweat waiting for them to kiss... Alas, it never happens... Special effect wise, it was all right, would have liked to have seen the vampires actually DO something outside of putting his fist through a guy's chest... The ending was interesting, I really wish they'd have made a sequel, after all, Sean did look three months to try and find Nick so they could be together again... If that doesn't scream slash, I don't know what!...

House of the Dead Rating: Average
Ah hai, "House of the Dead." Thumbs up for the women who royally kicked some rear, even the ones wearing spike heeled boots. Thumbs down for the contrite storyline and the insertion of actual video game footage into the film. That was REALLY distracting... Jurgen's character didn't get enough screen time IMO, and the lead male needed to work on being much more... Male?... Anyhoo, a couple really good scares, but I wouldn't waste my time watching it again...

Dracula's Curse Rating: Sorta Good
I was suprised that this was a Red R rated film... (For those of you who don't know film ratings, Red R's are the fine line between a regular R and a legal Hard R) There was no real graphic violence, no nudity at all, and the small female self pleasure scene was censored in a very proper manner... Dracula was too old for my tastes and much too masculine... The acting was average, I really disliked Mina's portrayal, but thumbs up to the gal who played the super sexy Lucy! The ending was slightly contrite and of course, screams for a sequel, I truly pity Jonathan... The brief homoerotic seduction of Jonathan by Dracula was toned down to the extreme... In all honesy, they could show this movie on Sci-Fi Channel and not have to cut anything out...

Tremors 4 Rating: Very Good
It's a Tremors movie! Even if it's the fourth film, they are still as much fun as they are when the first one with Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward were in!... This one takes place in the old west, before Perfection was known as Perfection... The special effects are wonderful as always, and the film was co-produced by Sci-Fi, so the acting was quite top notch for a straight to video release... If you're a fan, I highly recommend you check out this one, always a good time, low on the blood and gore, high on the fun and humor mark!

As you can see, all my movies I've reviewed are Horror or Sci-Fi, since quite simply that's what I tend to watch outside of my usual anime...

No quizzy time for today, I've used up quite a bit of my Blog already! ::smiles:: Domo arigato for all the hits, sign my Guestbook onegai, and ja ne for now! =~.^=V (Proud Supporter of the 58 Pairing and Ginji Lover!)


No comments: